The iPhone X is the best phone a huge pile of money can buy. Jeff Bezos, the richest man in the world, cashes out $1 billion in Amazon stock. Congress has some words with Facebook, Twitter, and Google. Can Facebook be fixed? Can Twitter? Animoji, poop emoji, and burger emoji continue to be news.
– The iPhone X is here. Leo Laporte and Megan Morrone give their first impressions on how Face ID works, the lack of a home button, and screen.
– Kelsea Weber from iFixit.com already torn down the iPhone X. They found some inventive ways Apple built the phone, including using two batteries.
– Researchers at Stanford and Adobe developed an AI that can automatically edit video on a dialogue-driven scene in seconds.
– Megan and Leo will put an end to the Emjoi Cheeseburger kerfuffle in a taste-off between Facebook, Google, and Apple. Which emoji has the ingredients stacked correctly for taste?
– Jason Howell has the five most exciting features of the new Google Pixel 2 XL.
– Our Holiday Gift Guide continues. This week, Scott Wilkinson has his home theater picks including TVs, soundbars, AV receivers, UHD Blu-Ray players, and UHD streaming.
Ordering the iPhone X. The Essential phone and its lack of press coverage. Who owns your face, malicious face recogntion and the lack of face case law. The splintered internet explained. The iPhone calulator flaw. Burn-in problems reproted for the Pixel 2. AI dominating companies and the Frightful 5 identififed. Amazon, Alphabet and Microsoft earnings beat expectations. The consequence of monopolies. The General Data Protection Regulation and its implication for your personal data. Amazon delivering inside your house now. Roger Stone has been banned from Twitter. Facebook might start charging publishers to promote their stories in the main news feed and of course the controversary surrounding the cheeseburger emoji.
Leo Laporte and Jason Howell take an in-depth look at the new Essential Phone PH-1. It finally arrived and Jason has spent a lot of time with it the last few days and will have a review. Also, Kelsea Weber from iFixit.com joins us to talk about what’s inside the Essential Phone. They had a hard time getting inside and had to freeze it! (plus they broke two screens!) Leo has the new Mavic Pro drone from DJI. We’ll take it for a spin and see if it’s worth the high price tag. Megan Morrone has a full review of the Tovala smart oven. Father Robert Ballecer, SJ has some ideas to bring new life to your old remote controls. In Call For Help, we’ll talk about whether or not you should install Oreo on your Android phone.
– Equifax gets hacked and leaked personal info of 143 million consumers.
– Will the new Apple iPhone be named iPhone X?