2018 MacBook Pro throttled, Nuraphone’s headphones tuned for you, Moto Z3 Play review, and more. On The New Screen Savers, with Leo Laporte and Patrick Norton recorded on Saturday, July 21, 2018:
– The MacBook Pro (2018) is here. Leo and Patrick push its new i9 Intel chip to see if we get the full benefits of the 4.8GHz processor and attach the external Blackmagic eGPU to see if this changes the thermals of the laptop. Also, Mike Wuerthele from AppleInsider tells what they’ve found in their own tests.
– Samantha Lionheart from iFixit shows us the changes to the MacBook Pro’s third-gen keyboard with a new anti-dust membrane.
– Patrick loves headphones and brought two wireless versions: the Sennheiser HD1 and the Nuraphone that analyses your ears and tailors the sound to your hearing.
– In Call for Help, we answer a question about the best uninterruptible power supplies (UPS).
– Jason Howell reviews the Motorola Moto Z3 Play.
– In the Mail Bag, find out which routers and loudspeakers Leo and Patrick recommend.