On this week’s episode of The New Screen Savers for Saturday, September 16, 2017:
– Fr. Father Robert, SJ and Patrick Norton discuss Apple’s new iPhone X and iPhone 8, more Equifax breach fallout, and racist ad-targeting options offered by Twitter, Facebook, and Google.
– Scotty Allen of Strange Parts joins us to show how he was able to install a 3.5mm headphone jack into an iPhone 7 by taking apart Apple’s Lightning adapter and building it into a custom circuit board.
– When it comes to disasters like earthquakes, hurricanes, and zombies, everyone needs a bug-out-bag. Patrick and Fr. Robert battle it out to see what’s in their go-bag and talk about what you should do to be prepared.
– Speaking of improvising, Jason Howell has a trick for powering your smartphone with a 9-volt battery.
– Megan Morrone has part five of her Digital Cleanse series. This week she shows you what you can do to cleaning up your hard drive.
– Patrick and Robert answer a Call for Help about Digital Audio Converters (DACs). Do you need them to get the most out of your lossless audio music?